Monday, November 29, 2010

a merry life we live, lads.

( image © Seth Drayer )

Bonjour, my name is Odessa. Now that we’ve thrown in a brief introduction, I feel I can tell you the purpose of this here blog - drum roll not included. With it, I shall chronicle my adventure in Belgium, yes, that often overlooked little country nestled between France, Germany and the Netherlands. Famous for several things, such as chocolate, waffles, comics and beer, frankly, it should sound like a pretty cool place to anyone.

But oh no, Belgium isn’t just Belgique; it’s divided into two sections. The one I’m destined for being Wallonia, the francophone half, where I’ll inevitably grow fond of ‘quoi?’ and ‘je ne comprende pas’ while building upon my two years of French study. Yet, I’m not just going independently - rather, an organization by the name of AFS.

And really, for an opportunity such as exchange, I’m more than okay with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment